Welcome to Blogesteix. Current information relating to my chandeliers and lots more too!

my website Madeleine Boulesteix Chandeliers

Wednesday 28 September 2016

Exhibited in Plymouth






























This was my first time exhibiting in Plymouth - my home town. I left it aged 18 desperate to get to London. Decades later it has a fast growing arts scene - thankfully - and Plymouth Arts Weekender is in it's 2nd year. Six Caroline Place is the project of Charlotte Squire who selected 8 artists for Uncanny World of Interiors. The setting has layers of domestic unspoiled-ness (I loathe all those super modernised interiors you see when perusing rightmove etc.) - a perfect backdrop.































Holding their own against the funky wallpaper are the skillful, intriguing paintings by David Edmond.
































A curious corner created with a sculpture (made from interior items) by Charlotte Squire and paintings by David Edmond against the wallpaper that Charlotte and inhabitants haven't decided whether to keep yet or not; lovable and livable are different things aren't they?!





































Where the wallpaper is gone there are many different coloured patches of plaster wall; gorgeous colours and textures. I loved showing my chandeliers here because the texture of my tarnished and rusty metal items felt so at home in a space that also showed it's history. It was a fantastic weekend chatting to the many visitors doing the Plymouth art trail - thanks to all who took part!

2 comments:

  1. Oh your work is so wonderful! I had the same wallpaper in my old farmhouse (built in 1885) in Illinois. Dang stuff was nearly indestructible but a great backdrop to the art you showed. You are such a creative inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Thank you - I feel well and truly flattered! I am curious to see how much of the wallpaper survives and for how long so at next years Plymouth Art Weekender you'll get an update!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...